Comment on page
Scarcity is valuable, utility is essential
PolyCUB Vault V2: (Multi-Token Bridged Assets)
PolyCUB's V2 Vault model utilizes our multi-token bridged asset model to generate value accrual for the protocol in 5 ways:
- insert_hive_asset (i.e. pHIVE or pSPS, etc.) - held as 1:1 collateral for the wrapped equivalent - staked on native platform (i.e. HIVE POWER or SPS staking on splinterlands.com) = value accrual for PolyCUB's PoL
- insert_hive_asset 0.25% wrap and unwrap fee = value accrual for PolyCUB's PoL
- insert_hive_asset cross-chain arbitrage = value accrual for PolyCUB's PoL
- insert_hive_asset-POLYCUB = utility for people to buy POLYCUB to LP against - their insert_hive_asset = value accrual for PolyCUB's PoL
- insert_hive_asset-POLYCUB holders need to buy more POLYCUB to stake as xPOLYCUB to control governance and drive insert_hive_asset-POLYCUB vault yield higher
POLYCUB token emissions halven every month. In the long-term, emissions will reach near 0 POLYCUB / block - flipping POLYCUB into a deflationary model. Long-term yield does not come from emissions (inflation), it is generated for LPs through Protocol Owned Liquidity, which earns from 5 Value Accrual mechanisms and then buys POLYCUB on the open market to distribute as long-term staking incentives.
Users who stake POLYCUB earn yield from 2 mechanisms:
- 1.POLYCUB harvesting penalty (50% of harvests claimed before the 30 day unlock period are deposited to the xPOLYCUB contract and can be claimed by xPOLYCUB stakers)
- 2.Base APY from our platform (a % of daily POLYCUB LP Rewards are paid to xPOLYCUB stakers)
The xPOLYCUB Staking page (https://polycub.com/stake) allows anyone to stake POLYCUB into xPOLYCUB, earn yield and participate in DAO Governance
vexPOLYCUB is one of our newest features. Set to launch by the end of June 2022. It will allow users to stake xPOLYCUB into 2 year staking contract.
This contract locks their xPOLYCUB for 2 years which means the user cannot unstake it until 2 years have elapsed.
Over those 2 years, the user is earning in several ways:
- Their xPOLYCUB is still earning the 50% early harvest penalties while it's locked in the vex contract
- The user is earning base APY in the form of POLYCUB
- The user's governance power is amplified by 3x (1 vexPOLYCUB = 3x voting power while 1 xPOLYCUB = 1x voting power)
Governance is at the core of utility for POLYCUB Tokens. By owning more POLYCUB, you have a greater say in how the platform is governed. This includes governing key mechanics like how long the staking period should be (recently reduced from 90 days to 30 days by xPOLYCUB holders), how Protocol Owned Liquidity is utilized and likely the most important: where daily yield should flow.
xPOLYCUB and vexPOLYCUB holders determine which vaults receive the highest multipliers through a weekly governance snapshot. Hodlers only need to vote once to participate in each governance snapshot (unless they want to change a previous vote).
xPOLYCUB DAO UI